This week for our Ambassador interview we have Die Coward a cocky 16 year old or so it seems like he is one with his working out and playing sports constantly. I thought I’d never put gamer and working out in the same sentance. Besides all the jokes, he is a great gamer and a good buddy to everyone. Ladies and gentleman bow down to Die Coward.
1. Tell us a little bit about your self?
Well, I am currently in High School in Sacramento, CA. I’m 16 years old, six feettall and 145 pounds. I work out a lot. I love gaming and I got xbox live and my 360 on January 1st. I love getting gamerscore and I love the wghole concept of getting points for your games. I am a huge sports fan. I know every single MLB stat ever and I also love playing/watching baseball, basketball, soccer, football, and every other sport. Other than gaming, I love playing sports, working out, going to parties, and just having fun.
The picture above is me about 2 years ago in Hawaii and I was happy for some reason.
2. As an Xbox Ambassador you are asked to help new gamers their first time around the block; do feel like the program is making a difference?
I feel that it is actually making a difference, at least the people who WANT to help. I always like help out someone that’s new. We all go through that phase. The calander of events, contests, events, all-nighters, etc. is what make the ambassadors and the whole xbox 360 community great.
3. Do you feel that success for the Xbox 360, Ps3, and Wii will be good for all gamers in the sense that competition will keep each company sharp and innovative pushing all three forward, or are you one of the proponents to the concept that one console can come out on top?
I think that the competition actually helps because it pushes the companies for more, but I also don’t like it when people just stick with ONE company because then you got the fighting and the hating and no one wants more of that in the world now, do they?
4. In your expert opinion, what is your favorite gaming genre and favorite game?
My favorite genre is anything fun. I love Halo 2, and I love MLB 2k7. I love all genres, but my favorite game is High Heat Baseball 2004. My friends and I play that game all of the time on my xbox one. it has so many glitches, which make it fun (just like Halo 2!). I also love Halo 2 and play it every day.
5. What kind of entertainment setup do you have going on at your home?
I have a a crappy 1992 24 inch regular TV that is extremmely blurry. I want to get an HDTV, but my family isn’t the richest and we can not afford one right now. I feel I am at a disadvantage to other gamers. I don’t have surround sound, HD, or anything good. I have been entering a lot fo contests hoping I’ll eventually win an HDTV though.
6. How do you feel the achievement system is working out? Do you like the concept of Xbox Rewards?
I love the system and it is fun renting a new game and getting the points. The only thing I want changed is I wish Microsoft could find a way to shutdown xbox360gamesaves.com to prevent cheating. I think this rewards program will be great and I hope they release a new challenge soon. I already got a bunch of free stuff from it!
7. Gaming has come a long way with breath taking graphics, newly introduced gameplay, and turning the console into fully packed media machines. What do you think will be the next big leap in video gaming?
Virtual Reality no doubt. Imagine being Master Cheif and actually being able to shoot down one of your buds in a virtual world. The Nintendo Wii was a huge step towards this idea. I think in about 5-10 years, there will be virtual reality and voice-commanded games.
8. What kind of music do you listen to these days?
Classic Rock mainly. My favorite all-time band is The Who. i also like AC/DC, Cars, Metallica, Styx, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, and others like them. However, I don’t have an MP3 player and I want a Zune so bad. I hope the Zune and the Xbox 360 will be able to wirelessly interact sometime in the future. But I’m too poor to get one.
9. What do you like the most about MyArcadePlanet.com?
I like the little games that there are. There is a detective game on the forums for prizes and I also love the fantasy baseball. I was first place until 2 out my 3 starting pitchers became injured!
10. What is a dream game you’d like designed if you had the knowledge and the tools to develop it?
I would design a virtual reality game where you are put into a big adventure and you can actually interact with other NPCs and have a conversation with them. Of course I would include fighting and leveling up, kind of like Oblivion.
11. How many video games do you own?
I own about 10 PS2, 5 Xbox, and 8 Xbox 360 games. I have rented about 90 Xbox 360 games though. I also own 23 arcade games.