Spike Shoes Spiked Boots
Feather Boots Winged Boots
Sprint Shoes Hermes Shoes
Power Wrist Power Gauntlet
Magic Gauntlet Magepower Glove
Genji Gauntlet Genji Glove
Defense Ring Protect Ring
Magic Ring Magick Ring
N-Kai Armlet Nu Khai Armband
108 Gems Japa Mala
Defense Armlet Guardian Bracelet
Diamond Armlet Diamond Bracelet
Small Mantle Shoulder Cape
Leather Mantle Leather Cloak
Wizard Mantle Mage’s Cloak
Elf Mantle Elven Cloak
Dracula Mantle Vampire Cape
Feather Mantle Featherweave Cloak
Vanish Mantle Invisibility Cloak
Salty Rage Sortile’ge
Eye Drop Eye Drops
Echo Grass Echo Herbs
Soft Gold Needle
Magic Shuriken Fuma Shuriken
Yagyu Darkness Yagyu Darkrood
Fire Ball Flameburst Bomb
Water Ball Snowmelt Bomb
Lightning Ball Spark Bomb
[1998 PSone translation] [2007 PSP translation]
Destiny of the Company The Highwind
Sunken Salvage Tour Salvage Expedition
Sailor Tour Diving Expedition
Larner Channel Waves Rhana Strait
Attractive Workplace Dredge Work
Salvage the Trade Ship![Zald.]The Hindenburg
Envoy ship, Falcon The Falcon
Heir of Mesa Mesa’s Legacy
Salvage the Trade Ship![Goug] The Durga
Emissary of Lionel Lionel Emissary
Zaland Embassy Zaland Embassy Antiques
Stolen Ancient Writings Stolen Tomes
Good Workplace and Job Salvage Work
Sea of Gredia Island Gleddia Isle
Stranded Trade Ship Foundered Vessel
Trade Ship Doving The Dawn Queen
Mine Excavation Tour Abandoned Mine
Miner’s Tour (2) (Second) Coal Mining Expedition
Will of Elder Topa Old Toppa’s Will
Dream of a Miner Miner’s Dream
Vacancy! Miner Shortage
Miners Wanted! (2) (More) Coal Miners Wanted
Girl in Gulg Volcano Mount Gulg Mother Lode
Hidden Trap at the Maze Endless Caverns
The Lord’s Ore Ore of the Gods
One Activity Past Glory
Rolade Ore Company Lorraide Mine
Testimony of Ex-miner Miner’s Tale
Death Canyon Death’s Gorge
Discovery Race (2/3) (Second/Third) Frontier Marathon
Poeskas Lake Bottom Lake Poescas Depths
Legendary Traces Ancient Wonder
Deep in Sweegy Woods The Siedge Weald
Ruins at Bed Desert Beddha Sandwaste
Adventurer Ramzen Lamzen the Adventurer
I saw it. Trick of the Light
Discovery Tour Frontier Expedition
Storm of Zigolis! Fenland Mystery
Ominous Dungeon Cellar Dungeon
Adventurer Wanted! Adventurers Wanted
I saw it! I swear! Shadows from the Past
Concerns of a Merchant Merchant’s Regret
Mountain of Rain Rain-Swept Slopes
Defeat Golden Gotsko! Twilight Gustkov
Defeat Behemoth! The Behemoth
Trap of the Bandits Bandits
Son, Pappal! Young Lord Pappal
Within the Darkness In the Darkness
Defeat Whirlwind Karz! The Typhoon
Minimum’s Melancholy Count Minimas
Terror of Assault Cave Terror’s Maw
Challenge of Zero Zerro’s Challenge
Phantom Thief Zero! Zerro Strikes
Thief Zero Returns! Zerro’s Return
Thief Zero Reborn! Zerro Strikes Again
Thief Zero’s Last Stand Zerro’s Final Heist
Legendary Monster Hellspawned Beast
Sullen Experiment Metamorphosed Misery
Fiar’s Request Fia’s Wish
Dream child Missing Boy
Protect the Little Life Father’s Nightmare
If wishes come true Ducal Disaster
Secret Door Cries in the Dark
Orders of Coast Guard Shoreline Defense
My treasure Uninvited Guests
The Greatest Plan Historic Revolt
How much is Life worth? Appraisal
Letter to my Love Lettre d’amour
Road of Beasts Beastly Trail
Shy Katedona Cattedona
Master Math! Arithmetic Tutor Wanted
Sad Traveling Artist Minstrel in Distress
Machinist Contest Clockwork Faire
Traveling Artist Mameko Mameco the Minstrel
Chocobo Restaurant Gysahl Greens
Ringing of the Bell Guard Duty
Hard Lecture Tutoring
Win the Yardow Fight! The Yardrow Melee
Win the Zaland Fight! The Zaland Melee
Win the Magic Contest! The Gariland Magick Melee
Meister Contest Artificers’ Contest
Four Gods Set Four-Deity Plate
Statue of Lylis Statuette of Lilith
Beetle Charm Scarab Charm
Zeni-Sword Coin Blade
Malice Mask Hanya Mask
Kid’s Bread Moppet Bread
Adult’s Bread Goliath Bread
M-Fiction Novel Mesa’s Musings
Diary of Nanai Nanai’s Histories
Wyuvle Veil of Wiyu
Book of Enavia Enavia Chronicles
Magical Gun Enchanted Pistol
M Machinegun Enchanted Machinegun
Minu Orb Orb of Minwu
Tarot of Ben Tarot de Bennstat
Parasite Tree Yggdrasil Mistletoe
Longibunne Spear Lance of Longibunne
UNEXPLORED LAND/WONDERS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD
Magic Continent Floating Continent
Castle of Trials Fortress of Trials
Magic Train Phantom Train
Touzas Village Tozus Village
Semite Falls Semitt Falls
XVII. CREDITS / DISCLAIMER 00cred
This FAQ is copyright 1998 and 2007-2008 by Fritz Fraundorf. Final Fantasy
Tactics: The War of the Lions is copyright 1997 and 2007 by Square Enix. This
FAQ is not associated with or endorsed by Square Enix or Sony.
You may freely distribute this FAQ if it is not altered in any way and I am
This FAQ is distributed by weight, not volume, and some settling of its
contents may have occurred during shipping.
—PSP VERSION CREDITS———————————————————
– Aaron N. Price for the name of one of the errands in the new translation.
– ace luna for suggesting I add a note about Midlight’s Deep always staying
red on the map.
– Adam Scarrett for some adaptions to the "Simple Method" of leveling for use
with story characters without Focus.
– Agostino Gruppi for pointing out typos in the range for bows and crossbows,
and for the Charm/Entice trick vs. Adrammelech.
– Albert K.G. for the late-game save files that allowed me to quickly update
a lot of the retranslated names, for some of the starting conditions for the
new subquests, and for Dark Knight stats and abilities.
– Alexander Scott for suggesting I add using cure spells on the undead to the
Various Tricks section.
– Amen Vang for additional cities where the "Rash of Thefts" rumor can be found.
– Andrew Lyfoung for the PSP version’s removal of the infinite-JP trick.
– Anocruxis via the GameFAQs.com secrets page for the procedure for
– AquaMan984 for Ignore Elevation not working at Lionel Castle Gate.
– Archie Fiasco for suggestions on how to level up characters without Focus.
– The ASCgen dotNet software – http://ascgendotnet.jmsoftware.co.uk/ – for
producing the ASCII art logo.
– Avaj’s great FFTastic save editor for the PSone version – available at
http://www.m-l.org/~greerga/fftnet/fftastic/main.html – for helping me collect
data on the Errands and enemy-only abilities, as well some of the PSone-to-
– azymyth for info on the new Chapter IV Argath battle and some of the info.
on how your choice on Mandalia Plain in Chapter I affects your Bravery.
– Benji Parish for noting Belias uses petrification attacks if you Silence him.
– BradyGames’s official guide for the game for the Brass Coronet stats, for
the location of the rare items during the Eagrose Castle Keep battle, and for
the Seraph Song + Mana Shield party strategy.
– Brent Clevenger for pointing out that the Balthier quest isn’t immediately
available in Chapter IV.
– Carlos Alexandre for pointing out some of the merits of Ramza’s Squire job.
– Cecil Beoulve for the Oracle level-down stat raising trick.
– Chris Ng for confirming that buying Aerith’s flower is a one-time
opportunity and for the bug where enemies use swordskills without a sword.
– Christopher Nong for a number of strategies against Wiegraf/Belias.
– Cody Hickman for suggesting the missable items list.
– Cristiano Bruzzo for some of the new JP costs for abilities.
– D_Blade for pointing out that every generic character having a unique quote is
another PSone->PSP change (in the English version).
– Darius Rodriguez for the info on how Bravery and Faith increases are
calculated after a battle.
– Darrel Wade for noting that monks can equip clothes, and correcting the
price of two of the guns.
– David Jamison for correcting the location of the Faerie Harp.
– Derek Kupper for pointing out that bows are unlike all other weapons in that
they don’t require a direct line of fire.
– DeleteriousRx for using Chicken to pick up items in the corner of Midlight’s
– Desmond Gaban for the correct size of the roster increase in the PSP version.
– Devin Osborne for confirming all the summon & -ja magick learning rates and
Teleport failure rate in the PSP version.
– Don Jon for using elemental-absoring equipment when learning magick from being
– Doug for pointing out that you can’t steal a Blood Sword from Gaffgarion
until the Gallows.
– Doug Prevo for more info. on enemies using swordskills without a sword.
– Drew Seleski for correcting the amount that Intimidate and Enlighten lower
Bravery and Faith.
– Edgar Hernandez for pointing out I had the coordinates for the Excalibur
reversed in the Midlight’s Deep item locations.
– Emanuel Mak for learning Ultima in the multiplayer mode.
– Felix_Omni for Dark Knight, Sky Pirate, and Game Hunter abilities.
– Flaring Bahamut for when the new Cletienne battle occurs in Chapter IV, for
when Agrias’s subquest actually becomes available, and for pointing out some
– Freaky Liar for highlighting Flails as a great weapon to throw.
– Geomancer8 for some information on random battles changing between chapters,
for suggesting adding a note about using Beast Tongue to the FAQ about
recruiting monsters, for the complete set of Degenerator locations, and for
suggesting I clarify that the special characters’ innate abilities only apply
to their base job.
– gunblade15 for using Balthier’s Barrage to attack more than one enemy per
turn, for reminding me to note the difference between the Angel Ring and the
Chantage, for suggesting I make a more obvious warning about saving in
the final sequence of battles, for pointing out a typo in the Nagnarok’s
stats, and for some of the stats on the multiplayer-only items.
– Gunther Kris Santos for catching a few more abilities with different JP costs
in the PSP version.
– Harvey Ng Lee for when failed errands reappear in the Tavern, for some
magick-based strategies against Wiegraf/Belias, and for also pointing out the
reversed Excalibur coordinates.
– Havamere for info on the Onion Knight.
– IGN.com and 1Up.com for information on some of the various changes to the PSP
– J.J. Garcia for pointing out that I had the Red Chocobo and Behemoth King
poached items backwards, for when the Clockwork Faire errand is available,
and for pointing out a typo in the weapons list.
– James Derr for first suggesting the usefulness of Ramza’s Steel ability in
– James Lau for using an invisible Chocobo rider in Midlight’s Deep.
– Jason Corbett for copy-editing and clarity/formatting suggestions.
– Jason Wood for which quests do and don’t require Alicia and Lavian, and that
you only need to protect Beowulf during the *first* Lionel Castle battle.
– Jeff Mathews for character strategy suggestions for Meliadoul and a couple
– Joe Davidson’s great lioneditor save editor for the PSP version – available
at http://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/ – for giving me a way to look up the
names of the Lucavi job commands in the PSP version, the job stat growth
rates, and many of the rare random battle encounters.
– John Hoffman for the new names for the Deep Dungeon/Midlight’s Deep floors,
and the rumor necessary to start the Beowulf Subquest.
– Jonathan Tabish for some of the information on the sound effect changes in
the PSP version.
– Johnny World for the new name of the Zorlin Shape (Zwill Straightblade) and
for pointing out that both players always earn the same number of chests in
– Joseph Welke for correcting the job prerequisities for Dragoon.
– Joshua Evans for pointing out a typo in one of the battle strategies.
– Juan Mejia for suggesting Aurablast and Leg Shot as useful abilities against
– Judg3m3nt for a couple tactics for the Lionel Castle Gate battle.
– kami_amaya via the GameFAQs.com secrets page for the sound test.
– Ken Bernardo for the current name and stats of the Almagest monster ability.
– Leonardo Vaz for Luso learning Ultima, for being able to catch Scorpion
Tails with Sticky Fingers, and for the new names of the Great(er) Malboro
and Malboro Virus (now Malboro Spores).
– Leonardo Vidal for some more requirements on the Tynar Rouge event.
– Levi Middleton for correcting the effects of Atheist/Faith on Nether Mantra,
and using the Rod of Faith to allow Marach to use both Nether Mantra and
– Logicmanhero for Dark Knight, Balthier, and Luso abilities.
– Luze for Reflexes mechanics and the Featherweave Cloak/Reflex combo.
– Manny for suggesting I add a note about the character departures due to low
– Matt Dorothy for Balthier being available as soon as you finish Bervenia.
– Mauro Schiavo and Benedict Icton for bringing the clear-game save problem to
– Michael Wood for a number of tactics against Wiegraf/Belias, including
– Miguel Colon for noting I’d omitted Vanish from the list of abilities that
can grant Invisible status and for pointing out an incomplete sentence in the
Ninja job description.
– Mike Leddick for trapping monsters using petrified allies for stat grinding.
– Minh Vu for pointing out the EXP section was misleading about when attack
strength and speed go up, and for strategies for stat grinding.
– Muhammad Iqbal for the FF VII reference in one of the multiplayer missions.
– Mytherial J for the changes to Meliadoul’s abilities in the PSP version
(they now work on unequipped enemies and monsters!)
– Naveen Pillai for the JP cost of Shadowblade and some Dark Knight abilities,
the correct ability that Wisenkins get with Beastmaster, pointing out that
Crushing Blow is height-limited, for sword techniques gaining the elements of
your equipped weapon, for correcting Cloud’s MP stats and the vertical effect
radius of Cross Slash, for the correct parry rate of the Excalibur, for
corrections on the Allure and Toot abilities, for a second strategy for
locating the Invisibility Cloak at Mount Germinas, for gaining spillover JP
while in Stone status, for Treasure Hunter yielding gil when you already have
99 of the item, and for catching quite a few of my many typos
– Nicholas Robb-Hodson for pointing out I’d forgotten to list Darkness as
another ability improved by Attack Boost.
– Not Dice for pointing out that the FAQ about stealing the Genji equipment was
a little confusing.
– OfficerTJHooker for the Blood Sword being available in Melee Mode.
– Olivier for pointing out when Cloud becomes available in the PSP version, and
for being one of several readers to point out that Beowulf is available from
the start of Chapter IV.
– paladinkaji for tips on timing the Dragoon’s Jump effectively, general
information on charging speed and clock ticks, and typo correction.
– Pat Polk for correcting when the Tynar Rouge quest becomes available, for
quite a few of the new PSP names, for correcting a few item locations in
Midlight’s Deep, for the Mana Shield + Manafont combo, for the Keep Yourself
Alive party strategy, for some of the mechanics of Balthier’s Barrage
ability, for character strategies for Orlandeau, for insights on gaining
levels, and for pointing out a few other typos and errors.
– Rafael Reyes for typo correction.
– RalphTheBleeder for the Black Magicks strategy for Lionel Castle Gate.
– Reninzo for catching another point where I’d still said Reis couldn’t use any
– Renny Roufail for noting that Meliadoul CAN use Crush Armor even if her
Defender is stolen during the Bervenia battle.
– RevenantThings and LDKAngel via the GameFAQs.com FF T secrets page for the
PSP version job prerequisities.
– Rob Eberly for the Lordly Robe that can be stolen from Valmafra.
– Rob Mako for the procedure for recruiting Luso.
– Romuald Brunet for suggesting Teleport at the Lionel Castle Gate battle.
– Ryu for correcting a mistake in the button descriptions for the Midlight’s
Deep item directions, for correcting an error in the height of one of the
tiles, and for pointing out I’d forgotten to list that Mimes can’t equip
– sahkuh on YouTube for the video demonstrating the Toad-based automated
– Sane Valios for info on the inability to steal from Elmdore in the PSP
– Sean Buelow for crystallizing enemy Summoners as another strategy for
teaching Zodiark to additional characters.
– Seraph07 for the Ninja Gear being winnable in Rendezvous Mode.
– Seth X.H. for the correct prerequisites for the Nelveska Temple battle.
– Shadow Phoenix for using tile height as another guide to find the exits in
– Shaun Tang for pointing out the Chemist with the Glacial Gun in the colliery
may have Maintenance, for suggesting Inviting the Pig in the colliery, for
pointing out that Beowulf is available at the beginning of Chapter IV, for
the Disable tactic on the Riovanes Castle Roof, and confirming that Luso can
learn Ultima in Chapter III.
– Stephen Wang for catching the omitted month from the Zaland Melee errand.
– Tam Thanh Truong for pointing out that I’d written "Oracle" instead of
"Mystic" more than a few times in the FAQ.
– Tom Dougall for pointing out that my Learning Ultima instructions were a
little TOO opaque.
– Tony Lawrence for using Balthier’s Barrage with Poach.
– Trevor Webb for the Pig that appears in the Fenlands in Chapter II.
– Ty’ere Mosley for pointing out that Zodiark isn’t learned 100% of the time
when you’re hit with the spell; it’s random.
– UnshakableWill for recommending Break or other petrification/instant KO
attacks as a strategy for the Finnath Creek battle.
– Vincent Cheng for suggesting clarifications to the Arithmetician’s job
description and for JP-raising tips.
– Warren for suggesting using Magick Break against Elidibus, for alternate
strategies against Wiegraf/Belias, and for pointing out that Masamune Iaido
is somewhat limited in usefulness since Masamunes are so rare 😛
– winddraco for the stats on almost all of the mutiplayer-only items, for
weapon damage stats, for the Simple Method for automatic experience gaining
and tactics for grinding stats, for confirming that the Tynar Rouge event
never expires even if you miss it on 1 Cancer the first time, for the
mechanics of Balthier’s Plunder and the Dark Knight abilities, for when and
how Onion Knights get more powerful, for Brawler improving stealing, for
Cloud’s Limit using Magick Attack, for quite a few ability combos and
character strategies, and for pointing out other typos and goofs.
– XmushXroomX via the GameFAQs.com secrets page for "previewing" monster eggs.
—PSONE VERSION CREDITS——————————————————-
– Alex Jennings (email@example.com) for one FF reference.
– Andrew Schoonmaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) for general corrections, the Bonus Gil
info, and the Shock trick on the final battle.
– Ben Ford (email@example.com) for improving the Shoot Enemies Close to You Trick.
– Billy Sauls (firstname.lastname@example.org) for tips on the "Roof of Doom" (Riovanes
– C.J. Showers (CaptainAndy98@yahoo.com) for info on the Bloody Strings
– email@example.com for the suggestion to use Teleport to light up the
– Dan Polcari (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Chaos Blade’s stats, the Stop
Galaxy quote, and the Deep Dungeon / Vietnam War connection.
– David Artman (email@example.com) for correcting which option to choose on
the battle to save Mustadio.
– D. B. Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) for suggestions on the Knight job.
– H. Clower (SeigfriedH@hotmail.com) for tips on the Riovanes Castle roof,
dismissal quotes, a lot of thoughts on various jobs, and correcting my
mistake on Fire/Ice/Bolt 4.
– Henry LaPierre (email@example.com) for writing the Alundra FAQ. This has
nothing to do with FF Tactics, but I never would have gotten through that
game without it.
– Jacob Carson (Zebrafirstname.lastname@example.org) for most of the rare poaching items.
– James Yoon (email@example.com) for some JP costs.
– Jason Narad (firstname.lastname@example.org) for where to get the Escutcheon II and
– Jason Wong (email@example.com) for stats on the Zorlin Shape and Scorpion
– Jeff Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the suggest to Rend Weapon Gaffgarion.
– Jeremy Frey for some Draw Out quotes.
– email@example.com for the poaching list, as well as the stats on the other
– firstname.lastname@example.org for tips for the Riovanes Castle Roof, the Wild Boar
abilities, and the effect of Malboro Gem.
– email@example.com for some spell quotes and Riovanes Castle roof tips.
– John LaRusic (firstname.lastname@example.org) for making the excellent HTML version
of the FAQ.
– Joshua Kodroff (email@example.com) for the suggestion to use Phoenix Down on the
– Justin Kudo-Pfeiffer’s (firstname.lastname@example.org) Deep Dungeon Guide for a lot of
background info on the Deep Dungeon and the location of the Kaiser Plate.
– John Jung (email@example.com) for the effect of the Wild Boar’s Please Eat
– Justin McKennon (firstname.lastname@example.org) for spell quotes, character
quotes, the item stats I was missing, and the strategy for the Bethla
Garrison north gate.
– Ken Bernardo (DBnoise@aol.com) for noting that you need Mustadio to do the
– Ladotheus (email@example.com) for the Monk / Dual Wield suggestion.
– Marcin Szymanski for the Mincing Minuet / Vanish strategy (from PSM Online).
– Masumo’s Final Fantasy Tactics page (http://members.tripod.com/~masumo) for
some info on some of the poaching items, and stats on the Rubber Costume.
– Matt32 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for reminding me to add Golagros’s name to
the walkthrough, and for the dismissal quotes I was missing
– Matthew Weng (email@example.com) for tips on stealing the Genji gear.
– Matt Hobbs (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Commonly Found part of the poaching
list, a lot of the poached item stats, the JP costs for the abilities I was
missing, propisition info, dismissal quotes, where to get the Sasuke Knife
and Nagrarock, and for revamping the ENTIRE spell quotes list.
– Mike Stucke (email@example.com) for explaining the meaning of the Deep
Dungeon floor names.
– firstname.lastname@example.org for the Bard / Dancer JP trick and using Don’t Move with
– Not Me (email@example.com) for the explanation of how Jump and
axe/mace weapons work.
– firstname.lastname@example.org for being the first to point out that there
really ARE items on level 10, and for the "Holy Justice" team.
– Patrick Chalnik (email@example.com) for the stats on the second Escutcheon.
– Paul Nathans (firstname.lastname@example.org) for poaching info and pointing out the Wild
– PlayStation Gamer (http://www.sol.no/games/psgamer) for the instructions on
how to get Cloud.
– PSM magazine for the location of the Vanish Mantle.
– PSM Online (http://www.psmonline.com) for the "buy unpurchasable items"
trick, and many of the ability strategies.
– Rori Bryant-Raible (CaitSith88@aol.com) for numerous tips and advice, plus
the weather effects.
– email@example.com for the monster abilities I was missing, and some poaching
– Shane Lile (ShaneLile@mindless.com) for mistranslations info.
– firstname.lastname@example.org for some poached items.
– email@example.com for general info, stealing a Defender and Chantage from
Meliadoul, and the unhittable ninja.
– The Falcon (Falcon@kktv.com) for how JP and gil is determined on errands.
– The Mighty Octopus (firstname.lastname@example.org) for one FF reference and the Brave/Faith
permanent change info.
– Tony Barath (email@example.com) for where to find Dark Behemoths.
– Zachary Piper (firstname.lastname@example.org) for strategies for Golgorand
And Square, for making one of my favorite strategy RPGs.
This walkthrough reposted to TheGameReviews.com with permission of the author.