Reykjavik, Iceland – 22 May 2012 – CCP Games today released EVE Online: Inferno, delivering the latest war-fueled update to its 9-straight-year growing playerbase. The 17th free expansion to EVE aims to create a fascinating upheaval in EVE’s undivided “sandbox” universe, where entire economic, political and social ecosystems are completely run by players, their imaginations and their actions. The opportunities created by the expansion’s new features and changes are tremendous for new and veteran pilots alike.
“If you’ve ever had dreams of piloting a spaceship into a full blown Sci-Fi war of thousands of ships, EVE is your game and Inferno your expansion. Or, if you’ve been skirting the edges of conflict for years, there are going to be some pretty compelling reasons to put your hull at risk,” says Jon Lander, Senior Producer of EVE Online.
The recently released EVE Online: Inferno trailer illustrates the wealth of features, amazing new graphical effects and new support for mercenary gameplay in a universe full of explosions and profit.
Key features of EVE Online: Inferno include
- Missiles and Launchers: savor every moment from launch to impact with missile launchers and dramatic new missile effects
- War Declarations: reworked systems to help you wage war and keep track of your legacy
- Mercenary Marketplace: pay the best guns-for-hire to settle your scores, or make yourself available to the highest bidders in the most notorious PVP universe in gaming
- Factional Warfare: enlist in a faction and join the entry-level game of conquest with more rewards and deeper gameplay than ever before
- Visual Updates: Enhanced graphics on ship models and increased options in the industry-leading character creator
- Plus kill reports, unified inventory, 16 new modules, frigate re-balancing and dozens of enhancements to both UI and gameplay
A free 14-day trial of EVE Online
, which includes the Inferno
features, can be found at www.eveonline.com
About EVE Online
is a spectacular, captivating gaming experience where hundreds of thousands of players compete within the same virtual cosmic universe for riches, power, glory and adventure. In EVE
, players can create and live out their most virtuous or sinister dreams, piloting starships through a futuristic galaxy featuring a sophisticated, player-run economy and a solar system rife with treasures to be discovered. With professions ranging from commodities trader to mercenary, industrial entrepreneur to pirate, mining engineer to battle fleet commander and more, EVE
players have access to a diverse array of tools and interfaces to forge their own exhilarating path. EVE
players can also interact within EVE Gate
, a Web-based portal for the EVE
community to connect, organize and communicate outside of the game itself. Learn more and sign up for a free trial at www.eveonline.com.